Monday, December 2, 2013

Missions are hard

This week was really eventful? If by eventful I mean that nothing really happened, than I would be about right. We worked a ton and we have really been focusing on being exactly obedient and doing everything that we are supposed to, but we just aren't seeing a lot of progression in the area. Missions are hard. Even now, there are so many trial and troubles that always find their way in no matter how long you have been in the mission field. Time seems to creep by slowly until you realize that you have been teaching investigators that you love for months now and they haven't progressed.
Christmas is coming up soon, Another snowless Christmas, washing clothes by hand in a squatting position for hours and instead of roasting chestnuts on an open fire, it's actually your skin melting in the blistering heat. But despite all of the trials and heartaches, I am soo happy that I am where I am. I finally hit that point in my mission where you stop wanting to go home and you start dreading it. Don't get me wrong, I'm still DANG excited to see my family, but I don't want to leave this place. My home away from home. I truly love the people here and if I didn't have to b with the same person 24/7 all day everyday, I probably wouldn't mind staying here. But having companions that you don't pick yourself?.... I'll trade it in any day. Preparation for life.

Today marks 100 days left in the Philippines.

No comments:

Post a Comment