Monday, April 29, 2013

Just another day in paradise

So this week was really good but not so good at the same time.... when we were actually working it was really good..... it just seems like we spend sooooo much time in the apartment in this area. it's a little frustrating! It's a really beautiful area, but at the same time it is sooo soo hot! The other day we walked to our appointments... I've never sweated so much in my whole entire life! But it was good!
About walking though.... we walk a lot here! I love it! The other day we walked around 8 miles! It was a great day for appointments and exercise ! Unfortunately whenever we have one really solid day of proselyting, it seems like we really have a hard time being motivated and productive throughout the rest of the week.
This week was Sister Eslava's birthday, so she took us all the juvals, a really nice restaurant here, and we had dinner, it was really fun!
The highlight of my week though was on Saturday we had a service activity with the ward/branch where we went to the barangays and taught the people about 72-hour kits and the importance of preparing for tragedies if they happen. It was really fun and we had a lot of support from the ward!
Speaking if the help from the ward, we had a fellow shipper with us this week that was soooo excited to share the gospel.... it was.... good? Let's just say that I didn't get to do a lot of talking in that lesson.... and neither did Sister Rosario.
There have been some sweet lightning storms here the past couple of nights!!! It's awesome to be able to experience all new things in my new area. We are still working hard, so no worries there! Now we just need to contribute to some baptisms and things will be awesome!!!

I cant remember what else I sent, but I love you all!!!


Pictures.... obviously the ones with the yellow helping hands vest were from the service vest, my family will appreciate the fact that all day long I kept saying, "What do you mean help? We are helping! We're helping hands!" :)



That weird tractor thing that I am sitting on is called a kaliglig.... I don't exactly know what it does, but someone gave us a ride home on one the other night.... it was nice of them.

THAT SPIDER!!!! They are getting bigger!!!! Are you kidding me!?!?!? I thought that I was going to die!!! Elder Thurston was in our apartment before and he said that we get them all the time in this apartment.... oh gosh.... I'm a dead girl!!!!

I talked again in church this Sunday... yes.... that is two in a row.




No comments:

Post a Comment