Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A day late, but not a transfer short

Okay there is so much that happened this week you are just going to have to try and read this because there is not a chance that I am even going to try and fix any of my mistakes (but don't worry, I Cathy, will do my best). So last week I went on exchanges with Sister Deyro, they were so great! We were able to teach a lot and I got a little taste of what it would be like to actually have ward branch support in your area. T
he next day it was back to my area and while we were doing our studies, what do we feel....? An earthquake! That was awesome! It wasn't very strong, but I definitely felt it! This week was a little on the difficult side because we had transfers and I was finally leaving my first area. I did alright until I told the Relief Society President at church that I would be leaving in the morning and she started to cry. Then all through Sacrament Meeting every memebr that was there(which wasn't very many because there was a huge rainstorm) was crying their eyes out. It was sad. Afterwards we had lunch at our apartment with the Demars and Elder Demars gave me a blessing for my new area!
OH WAIT! I forgot something!! One time when I was teaching a lesson this last week a giant cockroach flew in to the room and straight into my face!!! What the heck! Did I jump up and scream.... why yes... yes I did. Then after the lesson it was still in the room flying around and it was time to pray.... I was still scared so I put the peice of paper on my face.... so what happens...?!?!! it lands on my arm, I move the paper, and it flies into my face again!!!! What is it with this place!!! Speaking of this place... I haven't gotten over the bathrooms yet hahah they are all gross. Every time that I have to go to the bathroom here I always think of that line from the Goonies when Chunk says, "Mikey Mikey this ain't the kind of place that you want to go to the bathroom in." yupp..... I know how you feel Chunk
So transfers.... I was transferred to Camalaniugan..... it was a 7 hour bus ride from Laoag.... thus the reason that I didn't email you yesterday:) The bus ride was really great though.... I'm not saying it is good to listen to music and stuff.... but they were listening to ABBA.... I will just leave it at that.......
The road was super crazy, basically just a zigzag the whole time.... making it nice and difficult to sleep. But it was still so great. I was with a sister who had just finished a short term mission, she was very nice:) I will attach a pic.

My area is pretty much the furthest from the mission home that you can get.... so much for mail and packages..... but the good news.... RYAN THURSTON IS MY ZONE LEADER!!! Isn't that crazy?!!! (fyi for those who don't know, Ryan Thurston went to the same High School as Julie) And Elder Ewell from the MTC is my District Leader I think! That's so great.... its like wherever I go I have some family. My new apartment is really nice. I'm in a house with 2 other sisters anad they are all so funny! At first I was a little nervous about being in a house with all Filipinos but in the 1 day that I have been there hasn't been so bad.

Last night we had dinner and I didn't know anything about the appointment before I got there. When I walk in the father of the home just says to me.... my family is members but I'm not. If you can prove to me that the BOM is true then I will get baptized.
He drilled my pretty hard core, I was like is this a joke? Something is fishy!!!! So I start looking.... CTR... garments.... yup I totally caught him!!! I just said Tatay! I know you know the Book of Mormon is true because otherwise you wouldn't have been able to get married in the temple!:) DEAD SILENT....."who said that?" he says, "just you" I say as I point to his garments that had crept out of his shirt:) Yes Success!!! He is the councilor to my mission president! Good thing that I answered the questions well!

And my new companion is.... Sister Rosario! This is her last cycle before she goes home and she is just so cute! I'm really excited to be working with her! I hope that everyone is having a great life in America and I guess everywhere too hah. I miss you Sister Woahn!!!!

Ingat Kayo!

No comments:

Post a Comment