Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Hugs and the Grinch

We started out the week with TRC which is Teacher Resource Center. We taught two guys that had served their missions in the Philippines and they were both way cool. Sister Woahn of course knew someone that they knew, she always seems to. lol But they were way nice, the conversation went well (we speak  only in Tagalog) and we felt really good about it. For the second half though we were with this girl that iss really sassy when we don't get something right in Tagalog, and when she talks to us, she talks so fast that we can't even tell what she is saying, and the guy that was with her was super awkward too.... needless to say that was not our favorite TRC session.

We asked our investigator Rizalito if he would be baptized,... he said yes but not yet, we've only met a couple of times with him, so it's understandable that he said no... I probably would have said no as well.

Our teacher Brother Lopez started at BYU this week and we don't think that he has gotten much sleep because he has been CRAZY these past couple of days. It's kind of fun because it gives us energy, but at the same time, Sister Woahn and I don't like it that much. I guess that's the "sister missionary" coming out in us.
Our other teacher, Brother Lacenienta is turning into our new favorite, he challenged us all to memorize the ang ng and sa of Tagalog, which is just a part of grammer, and be able to write it in less that two minutes, we totally dominated it! what can I say, our district is just amazing!

As far as the mile goes, I did shave off ten second this last week when we timed it, but I did a little somethin somethin to my foot and was sick this last week, so I don't know how much progress I will have this week when we time it.

There are a couple of sisters in our zone that LOVE to give hugs.... I like to hug people as much as the next person, but these girls are like leeches! We run from them when we see them coming because we know that once we get caught it will take us a good five minutes to get ourselves unlatched from them. Have you seen the cartoon The Grinch who stole Christmas? You know the part where they are going down the hill at the beginning and Max the dog latches himself on to the Grinch's face? Then the Grinch has to do this wiggle pry move to squirm out of Max's grip? Well that is how we feel when those girls are hugging us!!!! Seriously.... it's THAT bad!! .... and we aren't even going down a hill.

We were learning about the different ways that you can use the word "when" the other day in class, and our teacher was throwing out examples and he said, "When I went to the bathroom, I did something terrible..." and then he just kept going and no one even really listened to what he had just said.... But I did! I was laughing so hard that I was crying! and then when I finally was able to tell the rest of the class, they were all laughing just as hard as I had been.

We got 76 more elders in our Zone this last Wednesday, and only 4 new sisters! That's crazy! Sister Woahn or I are going to be called to be the next coordinating sisters, but we aren't exactly sure where that leaves the other one because we have no other sisters that we can go with that are in our group. We found out today that we are two out of three white girls to serve in Laoag, the other girl is already there. We are also the only three girls from North America to be called to Laoag! That is so crazy!!!!

There's an Elder from our zone that found out this week that his mom is going to be baptized! They are flying her out this week and she is going to be his first baptism!

I tried a little experiment this week with the scriptures, where I thought of a question and then just turned to a random chapter in the BOM I actuallly turned to D&C 84.... maybe 86 but i think 84. And it was 120 verses! I was like "heck no am I reading that! but I ended up reading it and it was so great! If you ever want to understand the importance of missionary work to the Lord and Jesus Christ, I recommend that one!

I hope everything is going well out there! feel free to write to me! I have not missed a response yet, so you're pretty sure to get one back! Mahal Kita! Sister Schultz

No comments:

Post a Comment