Monday, January 27, 2014

Count down has just begun!!

So this week was really good I was able to go on exchanges with Sister Baguio (which means strong storm):) And it was good. I have been really really sick for the past 3 weeks, but it's finally starting to clear up. While we were on exchanges, Sister Baguio made me some really delish juice to help my throat:) She's so kind:)
I have also discovered the blessings that come from patience this week. PATIENTLY waiting for the water to heat up before you take a shower:) And then taking your time showering because you actually enjoy it:) I love hot showers.

We have kind of been teaching this one investigator named Lanni, but haven't been able to really focus on her.... she's all ready for baptism, we just have to teach her.... fail on our part, but at least I will have at least one more baptism before I go home:) When we teach her, we can't teach her at her house because she lives really really far away... so we teach her in a chicken shop. You get creative sometimes on your mission:) In my first area, we taught an investigator in a tobacco warehouse.... uhh.... I'm just sad that we weren't teaching the Word of Wisdom that day.

We also have been having a lot of brown outs (which is the Filipino way of saying power outage) so that other day we taught a whole lesson (the ten commandments) By the small light of a cell phone. After we said the closing prayer, the lights came back on.... curse you Satan.

Tomorrow officially marks the start of the last transfer of my mission:) I will be home in 6 weeks:) I won't lie.... I'm FREAKING EXCITED!!!!! I just jump up and down all the time and tell the other missionaries, "I'm going home! I'm going home!!" I'm still working hard, don't get me wrong.... I'm just way excited to come home:)!!!!!!

Remember that one time that I came to the Philippines and it was burning hot.... I can hardly remember that time because right now it is freezing cold!!! I actually bought a blanket that other night.... it's so cold that we cant even sleep without blankets..... that's a little ridiculous! But at least I sleep peacefully at night now:) Love you all!!!! 42 days:)

No comments:

Post a Comment