Monday, November 19, 2012

Golden Investigators and nasty flies

This week:
We had a zone activity, we went to a really lame museum and then went and played volleyball at the church.

 
The young women here love me... and I love them! They are so great! They came out and worked with us yesterday, and two of them aren't even members yet! They are our golden investigators.

I have a really bad rash on my arms still and now on my stomach... it's getting bigger... I'll probably die....

 
The word for this week was makakababa.... which means degrading, I just like the word. It is a lot more fun than the week before's word, which was nagngangalang...... which means named. That's like really hard for Americans to say.... but I'm pretty much a pro now.

 
The investigator that made me cry last week decided to be my friend this week.... maybe she felt bad haha.

There is a family that we are teaching to read right now for our community service! They are the nicest family ever! I love them! They are just so great!


And I (Cathy) asked her some questions to answer so here are those, if you have any you'd like her to answer on the blog, just message me on facebook or comment on her blog. :)
 
What's the weirdest/grossest thing you've had to eat?
The meat here is pretty much straight up fat.... its not my favorite.... and its all straight off of the bone. I pretty much only eat canned items now.

What's your favorite thing to eat? 
They have really good recipes and ideas for spaghetti sauce here. mixing it with cheese or milk and putting in hot dogs. The hot dogs here are actually really good. Not like the ones at home hahha.

Any creepy crawlies you've had to deal with?
I always have flies all over my ankles... I HATE IT!!! It drives my crazy! The people here, it doesn't even phase them, but I can't stand it!

Have you had anyone propose to you yet? (I feel like every sister missionary has at least one of those) 
No one has proposed to me yet, but people tell me they love me all the time. And everywhere I go, you can always here "americana, americana, americana"... over and over and over....

What missionary in your District or Zone do you admire the most?  Why? 
 Actually i barely know any of them. Ive only interacted with them three times.... so that means that Sister Francia takes the winning prize:) Because she works really hard and is always looking for ways to improve.


No comments:

Post a Comment