Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Substitutes and famous people

So this week was a lot harder and a lot better than last week. We got to teach our investigator a lot more and I am excited to continues teaching investigators along the way. One thing that made it really difficult was that we are supposed to have two full time teachers in our class to teach us everyday, But one of the teachers was on a school trip for the week and only got back yesterday, and the other one got married this week so he wont be our teacher anymore.... what does that mean you might ask? Substitutes.... everyday. So then we were having to introduce ourselves to new people sometimes up to 4 times a day and none of teh subs really knew what we were supposed to be learning so it was really frustrating. One day we had four substitute teachers!!!! There was a teacher for weach companionship, but mostly they ignored us and just talked to each other.... nice, thats professional.
My Companion and I still get along really well though! So that is definitely a blessing! We have been teaching the lessons to our investigators, but didn't really have any lessons that were like, "Woah we worked together reallly well on that lesson. But yesterday when we were teaching we both were just like feeding off of each other and we were teaching with the spirit! It was awesome! We were both so happy.
I've seen an Elder from my home town almost everyday since I have been here. It is nice to see a familiar face. Shout out to the Saunders family! Also a shout out to the Crapo family! Tanyss is in my residence hall and also the same building as me for class, so she is in my zone. I see her all the time. For those of you who are wondering who Tanyss is, she is a girl who went to a high school close to mine and we became really good friends when we went on the senior trip to D.C.
We went to the temple today! That's always amazing, On our way out we weer a little starstruck as Donny Osmond walked into the temple. My kasama and I were both like "uh.... was that Donny? Craziness!
The language is finally starting to make sense to me so I'm really grateful for that!
Out purpose as missionaries is to invite others to come unto Christ through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the holy ghost and enduring to the end!
I hope that I can be that example! Love you all!
Mahal
-Sister Schultz

No comments:

Post a Comment